Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Rare Occasion

I stayed up until 11:45 last night watching: SPORTS! This never happens. I usually avoid watching sports at all. But if I had to watch a sport it would be hockey. Since Justin and I are both from Pittsburgh, I had to stay up and watch the Penguins win in triple-overtime. They will now go on to game 6 for the Stanley Cup. If they had lost last night, it would have been over & Detroit would have won the Cup. So I was happy that staying up so late was worth it. Unless they go into triple overtime again, I won't be home to watch the next game, but now that I'm hooked, I hope that they win!


Here's my mom showing her team spirit:

My mom broke her arm ice skating a few weeks ago. She does play hockey, but she wasn't playing when she broke it. She was just skating. She had a friend offer to paint her cast, hopefully she doesn't mind me posting it. She said she didn't like the pic of her though, so I cropped her out.

Anyway, this will probably be my only sports-related posting, so Go Pens!

1 comments:

Kelli said...

Growing up with four sisters in a state with no hockey team, I was never much of a fan, but I stayed up late last night, too. Luckily it only lasted until 10:45 here. My sisters called to say they put in a movie after the first period and were even able to watch the final few periods after the movie had ended. I sure am glad they won!