Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Fire! Itchy!"

This is what Logan has been saying all day after being attacked by fire ants at the playscape this morning. He was happily admiring a flower he had just picked when he just started screaming! At first I thought he had been stung by a bee from the flower, but then I remembered that we are in Texas, and that means fire ants!

You can't see them all in the picture, but I counted 22 on this foot. Just one on the other foot. But he was wearing his crocs, so they crawled right up inside! He seems to be handling it very well now though.

4 comments:

Kari Hancock said...

Oh no!! The poor little fella!! That is no fun. At least he's handling it well!! :) By the way, thanks for sending Jenn that email - she does need to get on the wagon with everyone else!! I love stalking the blogs and she needs one too. Also, I'm surprised at the way I reacted when I hit the fence the other day.. I didn't even say a word. It was like.. oh, I think I just tapped the fence. Kade didn't even have any comments to make!! Weird!

Karmann said...

Oh my gosh!! I feel so bad for his feet!! I hope they get better fast, that is definitly no fun!

Kathryn Palmer said...

Poor little guy!

Saralyn said...

Ow! Tanner got some in his bed shortly after we moved here, and he had bites all over his arms. Doesn't it make you just want to squish every ant you see from now on?