Thursday, April 17, 2008

Adventures in Potty Training: Part 2

Tolan came down with a fever this afternoon - 102.6 - so that kind of threw a wrench into my potty training boot camp. So we had a sort of watered-down version of what I was supposed to do from the book. However, I am happy to report that we had success! I am totally amazed and so happy with today's progress. I'm sure we will still have accidents, but I feel like we have had a breakthrough.

Tolan wanted to take a nap at 8:30 this morning - so I should have seen the fever coming. Anyway, that nap allowed me to start Logan out with about 2 1/2 uninterrupted hours of potty training. Logan resisted at times and I wanted to give up at times, but I just toughed it out and kept going. About 2 hours into it - he did it! He wet the potty and I hate to admit that that was probably one of the most exciting moments of my life. Logan and I were both so happy. He had to go again about 20 minutes later and he told me, so we went and he wet the potty again! After that I figured he was emptied out and Tolan had just woken up. So we took a break for Logan to take a nap.

After his nap he had 2 tiny accidents (not enough to have to clean up the floor or anything). I think those little accidents were just leading up to going in the potty. They were such minor accidents that I think he knew he was starting to wet his pants and stopped, then held it in, b/c the third time he told me he had to go and then it was a lot - in the potty though! So now he gets it. And we'll just keep going from here. I'm very pleased though. So I'm sure if I had followed the book exactly and been more available to him the rest of the day it would have worked even better. But I feel that I definitely got my 6 bucks worth.

For anyone interested, here's the link to where I got it. It looks a little infomercial-ish and I was a little skeptical, but I figured "$6? That's a lot less than another pack of diapers!" http://members.aol.com/pattispages/pottytraining.html

So I'll keep you posted to see if it sticks over the next few days.

1 comments:

Mac and Starr said...

Wow! That's great it really worked. I'll have to keep it in mind when Connor gets ready to potty train. Right now we're just still waiting for him to start crawling!*