Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Justin's 30th Birthday

I have some catching up to do. Facebook makes me a bad blogger. It's just a lot faster and easier to post on there, especially now that I have a smartphone. (So if you'd like more updates friend me on Facebook!) I REALLY wish Google would make an app for Blogger!! And speaking of my new smartphone, it has also made me a lazy photographer. I always have it handy & use it to take pictures most of the time instead of getting out the real camera, so I apologize for the lesser-quality pictures.

Justin turned 30 in November. We had just gotten a new computer (and some dental work) so he wanted to keep things simple (i.e. inexpensive). We had dinner with his family on Sunday, the day before his birthday. And then on Monday the kids and I took these balloons and surprised him at work.
Logan has preschool on Mondays at 12:30 so I wanted to hurry up and do it before then so Logan could come with us. I thought that was very do-able, but it turned out not to be! I got the kids all ready to go and loaded up in the car. And then the car wouldn't start. I knew it was just the battery b/c it had died a couple of weeks before when I thought I was going to be early to church, but then the car wouldn't start. So here it was, dead again. I ended up having my neighbor, Amanda, come over and jump the car. Luckily she knew how! I had the cables, but I didn't know how to do it. So once we got the car running I hurried to Giant Eagle to get the balloons. Of course when we get to the desk at the floral dept they have a sign up that they will be back in 15 minutes. So while we waited we decided what we wanted to get. (There was a bit of a decision for the boys to make between Iron Man and Lightning McQueen). After a while no one had come, so I hauled all the kids over to customer service where they finally got someone to help. Once we got our balloons we headed out. It was a very windy day to have 3 kids & a balloon bouquet in tow! However, we made it and Justin was glad that we had made the effort!


0 comments: