Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Day

Despite that "all closed up" gas fireplace, I guess Santa found his way in!
Justin's parents joined us for Christmas morning at our house. We started out by finding the Christmas Pickle. Logan found it this year. A few days earlier Justin and I were talking about it and said that if Logan found it, he would probably choose someone else to open the first gift & if Tolan found it he would choose himself to open the first gift. The next day we explained the Christmas Pickle to them and then asked what they would do. Logan said, "ummm, I think I would choose Ella to open a present." Tolan scrunched up his face and in a funny little voice followed by a crazy little laugh, he said, "I would pick MEEE!" We thought that was very funny.
But in the excitement of Christmas morning and all those presents in front of him, Logan ended up choosing to open the first gift himself & that's fine b/c he's 4!
Ella investigating her stocking
This was Ella's first Christmas & she just took it all in, playing with all the paper & ribbons & a few toys that she got. She kept busy just hanging out on the floor!
Grandma & Grandpa Shook got the boys Paper Jamz guitars & amps. They are pretty cool for cardboard! The boys love them.

We also got the boys 4 or 5 dress up costumes. They love dressing up so I just stocked up after Halloween when they were all on clearance!
I think the highlight of the morning was when Tolan wore this spiderman costume & rocked out on his guitar. It was hilarious. I will have to try and post the video.
Christmas afternoon we headed up to my parents' house to stay for a few days. The whole family was home - all 5 of us kids! I think this was the first time we were ALL together in about 10 years. The last time was when Neal left for his mission. 2002? So not quite 10 years, but still a LONG time! We managed to snap a picture. It's nothing fancy, but it's all of us! Neal & Kelli, Nate & Kelly, Pete, Jared. We are in front there, then Annabelle (Kelly's daughter), Tolan & my mom & dad and of course Chico down in front!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a GREAT Christmas!! This was the first year I didn't get the kids dress ups. Your kids are so cute! I'm glad they had fun... you'll also have to explain more about that pickel.

Karmann said...

I love the boys dress up clothes! Too fun! Looks like you had an AMAZING XMAS and I love that you got to spend it with family! Your family just keeps getting cuter and cuter! Love ya!

Jenn Cranney said...

what a BEAUTIFUL house you have!! You're kids are darling! and you're hair shining in the light! Love you. miss you