Friday, February 12, 2010

What We've Been Up To

Logan wanted to sleep on the floor a couple of nights and it reminded me that we had this giraffe tent. (It has a long giraffe neck and head that you can't see in the picture) So I dug it out of the garage and set it up one day. They've been sleeping in there every night for over a week. Justin and I are wondering why we spent all that money on bunk beds and mattresses?? They love this thing.and don't they look like cute little buddies sleeping in there?
I have been sewing. I've started sewing a lot more in the past year or so. I'm not that good and I don't even know what all the dials on my basic machine are for and I hate buying and following an actual pattern, but I like sewing simple things that I make up myself or can be explained in a few steps on a crafty blog. Like these superhero capes:
Logan & Tolan had been asking us to tie their blankies around their necks, but they are a bit too bulky so I made these.
They stay on better and look cooler than a blanket anyway.
Here's the link if you have superhero wannabes at your house too.


I've also been sewing a lot of baby stuff too. I made this baby sling from a crafty blog as well. I'm not sure how I'll be grocery shopping with 3 kids since Logan isn't in school yet and Tolan still needs to ride in the cart for me to maintain some level of sanity. So I figure I'll at least need to use this at the grocery store. I've never used a sling, so hopefully I will like it.
I've also been making burp cloths. I used the Gerber prefold diapers. I'm not really a fan of the birdseye weave or whatever it is, but that's all that I could find. Then I washed, ironed and embellished them with fabric and ribbon scraps.


These last ones are appliqued. No close-ups b/c they aren't that good, but they look alright from far away.


7 comments:

...carrie... said...

you are so talented!!!
I have a sling (that I made) and I love it!

Ty and Em said...

Love how the capes turned out and that someone actually makes some stuff from my blog. Thanks for the onesie tip! That tutorial will be up next week. You'll love the sling. I got one from lucky baby and used it tons when Piper was brand new!

Kathryn Palmer said...

I love the capes, sling, and burp cloths. You've got talent girl!

I cannot believe all the snow you guys got. That is just crazy. We got a few inches too.

Carrie M. said...

cute! I saw that fabric you used for the sling last time I was at Joann and nearly bought some. it's adorable!
And I can't really tell, but did you sew your french seam down flat? It looks like it's sticking up in the picture...

Erin said...

Hey, I made capes for my boys last year while I was prego. They are superman one side and batman the other. They were doing the same thing tying blankets on. You have made a lot of cute things. No fair. I ALWAYS see all the cute girl stuff to make but no girl to put it on...so I'll have to make it for yours!

Erin said...

Hey, I made capes for my boys last year while I was prego. They are superman one side and batman the other. They were doing the same thing tying blankets on. You have made a lot of cute things. No fair. I ALWAYS see all the cute girl stuff to make but no girl to put it on...so I'll have to make it for yours!

Anonymous said...

So cute! You are so talented!! Have you made a carseat canopy?? They are super easy! I LOVE LOVE mine!! I have a link to a blog that show's you how to make them! If you want it let me know.