Sunday, January 31, 2010

Night Soup and Playgroup

Logan got a gift card to Toys R' Us for his birthday and we went one Saturday and he picked out a couple of things. Then we went running around doing other errands the rest of the day and I totally forgot about his new toys. When we got home hours later he kept asking for "night soup" and I had NO idea what he was talking about! I finally remembered, and knew that he was really asking for his knight suit!
He loves this thing and it comes with a sword & shield, battle ax and hand guard thing so there is enough for his brother to play along...every mother's dream - her two young sons battling it out with swords and axes!

Our church's playgroup is back on a regular schedule and we are so happy to be getting out of the house and spending time with other kids (and moms). This past week we met at the Lilliput Play Center. They sell little miniature playhouses, but you can pay to get in and play on their display village. The boys absolutely loved it! Everyone else in our group left around 1:30 to go home for naps or pick up older siblings from school, but my kids were happy and still having a good time so we stayed and got our money's worth until they closed at 3! And Tolan didn't even want to leave then.
I think the firehouse was their favorite.

Across from the firehouse there was a gas station/mechanic's shop. Tolan used the gas pump as a firehose, pretending to spray it all over the place & put out fires. We will have to make sure he knows this is not a good way to put out fires in real life!

Tolan fixing things in the mechanic shop
The boys liked the firehouse, but the ice cream shop was my favorite. Here's Logan hard at work scooping some ice cream.

All ready for a customer

They did spend a good bit of time in this one, so they must have liked it.

Logan played doctor for a while too
They also had a little grocery store and a barber shop/salon which I don't think they really played in at all. I didn't take any pictures but they had a train in the middle of the "village" which they spent a lot of time on too. We will have to go back there another time, I think it was a hit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun place!! I wish we had something like that near us! I wish I was rich so I could buy all of them! :) Your boys are so cute! I'm sure they had a blast! My kids would be in heaven!!

Kathryn Palmer said...

What a fun place! We have a children's museum with similar things. Love the ice cream shop! Wish they had things like that when we were kiddos.