Thursday, January 7, 2010

Logan's Birthday, Parts I, II & III

Logan just turned 4 and he got a whole birthday weekend.


Part I

We spent New Year's Eve and New Year's Day at my parents' house, so we celebrated his bday while we were there. We went to see Alvin & the Chipmunks, the Squeakuel and then had cake & presents. After the movie, my brother was playing around with Logan and Logan apparently hurt his arm. His elbow in particular. He was okay, but he was very tired and milked it for all it was worth, so it took a bit of coersing to get him into the party mood. (That's why he's not looking so excited in these pictures.) My mom was "the chosen one" and he didn't want anyone else to hold him or touch his arm. At first he liked the idea of Dr. Grandpa checking out his arm, but when he found out that Grandpa doesn't keep his white doctor's coat at home, he no longer wanted my dad to look at his arm.
He managed a little smile for his presents
My dad rigged up a little sling for his arm, but the cake seemed to do the trick and was the magical medicine that brought him back to his normal self and he was playing with his new toys in no time.

Part II

The next day we had to run a few errands in Robinson, so while we were out in the bitter cold and wind and snow we took Logan out for a birthday dinner. He said he wanted McDonald's, but we knew anywhere with a cheeseburger on the kids menu would be just fine, so for Justin's and my sake we went to Joe's Crab Shack instead. We let him pick a dessert off the kids menu after he ate his cheeseburger and he picked the build your own ice cream sandwich sundae.

He loved it!

If Logan had a dessert, we knew Tolan would have to have one too. So he got a rice krispie treat that you get to paint with sundae toppings.

He loved it too. These were very cute ideas that I may have to use sometime in the future.

Part III

On Sunday we celebrated Logan's birthday with Justin's side of the family. Justin wanted to do a fancy cheese tray, so he picked all the cheeses at the store the day before and planned a great cheese tray. I love Costco's cakes. Our membership is about to expire and we aren't going to renew it b/c eventhough I prefer it over Sam's, it just is not in a convenient location and we just end up going to Sam's all the time. Anyway, so I wanted to get a cake before it expired.
very nice. It's huge, I know. Our freezer is stocked even after sending some home with people...
Logan was in a bit of a better mood this time, but he covered his ears when we sang to him!
After lots of tries and at least one nice spitball on the cake, he got all the candles blown out.
He also got lots of presents!

Happy Birthday Logan! We sure love you!

3 comments:

Grandma T said...

You seem to come by the "closed eyes in the picture" legitimately--and your sons have inherited it, too.

Jenn Cranney said...

awww...happy Birthday Buddy! I forget that Porter and Logan and only a couple days apart! How cool, huh? I hope your baby belly is feeling great! I can't wait to see what a shook girl looks like :) love ya!

Karmann said...

Looks like a fun birthday!!! I bet he loved every min of it!