Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day!

We did have a little dusting of snow a couple of weeks ago, but this was the first REAL snow for our little Hawaiian and Texan children who have never really seen snow. It snowed all night Friday and we woke up to a winter wonderland Saturday. The boys were very excited to see everything all white.
I finally convinced them that they needed to wear their big puffy coats if they wanted to play in the snow, and we made it outside.
Tolan is just venturing outside the garage and Logan is already digging in!

Justin got to do one of the jobs that I definitely don't mind pregnancy exempting me from. Shoveling snow!

Logan jumping into the snow

Learning to make snowballs


Tolan is having fun too, although he did not like any snowballs tossed at him.


We got them a sled for Christmas, but pulled it out early since we had a lot of snow and Justin was home to help them with it.

Tolan didn't like snowballs, but he liked the sled!
We really stayed out for a long time. I was surprised that they weren't cold and asking to come in! Justin and I were the ones that were cold and said it was time to go in for some lunch. They hate wearing big puffy coats, but they really liked playing in the snow.

4 comments:

Ty and Em said...

Funny story... I was reorganizing my dresser drawers the other day. And there, tucked away in the back of the bottom drawer, was your wedding announcement! I guess I don't go through my clothes that often. Hehe. Your Christmas card was darling, by the way. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! Your house by the way is HUGE! I bet you are loving it!

Erin said...

The snow looks beautiful! Got your Christmas card, cute! Where's ours? Oh, that's right I'm lame and didn't do one--I have no excuse. Our kids will play in the snow in Utah for the first time too!

Karmann said...

It has been so long since i have seen snow!!! Crazy but so fun for your kids!!! I loved the XMAS card!!! You guys are such an adorable family!!!

MERRY XMAS!!! love ya!