Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Back to the 'Burgh

We have considered looking for a new job, for Justin, for a long time. We kept putting it off though, feeling like we should just be grateful that he has a good, steady job and wait and see what happens. So we waited and waited and put it off some more. And then Heavenly Father gave us a couple of good kicks in the behind to get us going and get us to move on. We LOVE it here in Austin for so many reasons (not including the summer heat). But yes, we are moving back to the 'burgh!

Justin is staying with the University of Phoenix, but will be working at the Pittsburgh Campus, where he started his career with them almost 6 years ago. He starts June 1, so we are planning on packing up a truck on Memorial Day, May 25, and then hitting the road the next morning. So we have a very busy few weeks ahead!

We will stay with my parents in Kittanning until our house sells here or we find our own place there. The campus is in Robinson, so we'll probably look for a place around there.

We will really miss Austin. We have family here and lots of friends and a house and ward that we love, but its time to take the next career move. We do look forward to having our parents and some siblings and other family close-by in Pittsburgh though!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOod Luck! I really want Alan to find a job out of state! Hopefully we can move soon too!

I hope you guys are able to sell your house soon!

The Boyle's said...

Congrats Shook's!!! We look forward to seeing you in the 'burgh :)

Jenn Cranney said...

But he just got the TV hooked up! :)

I'm excited for you guys! The move to Pitt will be sweet! :) a lot colder, but probably a fun time. Good luck on moving, i hope that your boys are really good for you and that everything goes great! miss your little butt clairece! Love ya!

Laura said...

I'm gonna miss you so much. I had a feeling a few months ago that this would happen. I am excited for you though and hope that your little family loves it there! Let me know if I can do anything to help... really, let me know! Love ya girl!!

Karmann said...

Good luck with your move! I will be thinking about you! We move everytime on Memorial Weekend ( 3 out of 6 years) and each move has been what we needed so this HAS to be right!!! I hope that the new changes coming your way will be a blessing to you and your family! Moving is always so hard but the Lord definitly lets you in on why after you take the leap! Safe travel this weekend!!! Love ya!

Ty and Em said...

Claire, I figured out the snack sack. I sewed one tonight. It took my about two hours, but most of the time was spent trying to figure out HOW to sew it. If you're still interested in making your own, I thought it was fairly easy and could post a tutorial for you on my blog. I took photos so that I can duplicate it in the future if I decide to make more. P.S. Claire is on our list of names!