Sunday, January 4, 2009

Love-Hate Relationship

I have a serious love-hate relationship with our Christmas tree. I love it when it's up. I love how big and full it is with lots of lights and everything and its even pretty easy to put up, but I HATE packing it away for next year! It's a 9-foot tree and its HUGE and it came in this tiny, ridiculous box and I've searched online and looked everywhere for some sort of solution for how to pack up & store it but I have found nothing big enough. So we keep resorting to the ratty old box it came in that is almost impossible to get it into then you have tape it shut with about a whole roll of packing tape for it to stay shut. Ridiculous and annoying. So this year, this was my solution:
A little OCD maybe, but yes, I saran-wrapped our tree! One layer of branches at a time. (this is only the bottom 3rd of the tree!) It was the only way I could think of to get it compact enough to MAYBE fit back into the box. We did manage to get all 3 pieces into the box this year thanks to lots of saran-wrap and packing tape! Good riddance - until next year!
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Kari Hancock said...

hahaha.. I am laughing so hard. You are so funny!! It's almost as funny as that time you were crying over the reality tv show!! I love those pictures. Did you ever find your DVD?!? (by the way, the tree fix up idea really is good, I'll have to use it next year. We didn't even put our tree up this year.. that's how much I HATE fighting with it!!)