Friday, August 15, 2008

Tolan's Birthday

We finally got to celebrate Tolan's birthday last night. Here are some pictures.They made a gumball machine cake on Ace of Cakes and I thought I could do a smaller, simpler version. It would have looked better with fondant, but I didn't feel like messing with it this time.
All the birthday presents

He was ready to dig in...
taking a drink break
Logan loving the cake
When he decided he was done, he started smearing the frosting all over his body. Then he picked up a chunk of cake and rubbed it around like a sponge. After this cake-bath, I gave him real bath & then let him open presents.
Taking his new ride for a test drive
Checking out presents from Grandma & Grandpa T

The dinosaurs are a hit! Thanks mom!

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Tolan's cake is so cute. Great Job!
Happy 1st Birthday Tolan.

Saralyn said...

Way to go with the cake!!! So awesome. Can I hire you to do Tanner's 2nd birthday?

Kari Hancock said...

Holy cute cake!!!! Now we're going to have to move next door to you for the meals and cake decorating. Remember those peeps you made for me?! I found a picture of them the other day after watching our Riverside dvd... where did those days go?!!?

Mindy said...

Great cake! Fun celebrations! Loved the pic of Tolan smearing his upper body with cake.

Erin said...

Oh Claire...I miss your cakes. You are so talented! I can't believe Tolan is a year old. That means it's been a year since I've seen you and thats too long! Something needs to change about that...soon!!!

The Boyle's said...

happy first birthday Tolan! Claire, that cake is simply amazing!! are you going to be in PA next may??????? :-)

...carrie... said...

I feel like I should make Lorelai 2 cakes to make up for my lack of creativity on her last 2 birthdays! :)