Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Stop in Minnesota

On our second date, Justin asked me if I knew the Thompsons. I said, "Yeah, Erin and I were best friends. Why, do you know them?" And Justin said, "Yeah, they're my cousins!" That was one crazy coincidence... Although I had known them for years, I had never met Justin. Anyway, they now live in Minnesota so we stopped by on our way home from Canada. It was the 4th of July, so we were waiting on the beach of a lake there for the fireworks.


the kids & me with Erin & Jessie




Logan with Erin's son, Jadon. They became little buddies quickly, but refused to pose for a picture.




We also stopped in Oklahoma City to see the national memorial for the 1995 bombing there. I thought that it had destroyed 1 or 2 buildings. I did not know that it was actually 16 buildings. To the left, behind the trees are the 168 empty chairs that represent the victims. This picture only shows about half of the area that was destroyed.


0 comments: