Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

Even though we did not trick-or-treat on Sunday, we had no shortage of candy or costume-wearing activities! The first was the Halloween Walk at the Canonsburg Hospital. They have a fitness trail around the hospital that goes through the woods & all along the trail are different businesses, etc dressed in costume and handing out candy. We went with a few people from church and the boys had a great time. Grandma & Grandpa Shook came along too. Here are all the kids ready to go:

Logan was Ironman, Tolan was Buzz Lightyear and Ella was a dinosaur (I took Logan's old costume from when he was a baby, stuck a pink bow on it & called it good).
Waiting in line for it to get started
The fire dept was at the very end of the trail with candy & the firetruck all open for the kids to see
I think the boys really liked it. As we were walking back to the car they both, separately, said,
"Thanks mom! That was fun!" I guess we will have to go back next year!
They also got to wear their costumes to their class at the library & got candy there too. Logan got some at preschool and then we also had the ward trunk-or-treat on Wednesday.
Our trunk this year:

Ella was ready for bed I think
The boys would rather be eating candy than looking at the camera
After the boys were in bed, Justin and I were checking out their candy (aka, stealing) and Justin found this gummy severed finger in Tolan's bag.....I'm glad we found it first. I don't think he would have liked that.
But it was a good Halloween - they got lots of candy & they really loved their costumes which they have already been wearing for weeks and I don't think they are getting tired of them yet!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Ella is so cute! Wish I could see and hold her. Love the bow on her dinosaur costume.

Jenn Cranney said...

fancy trunk! you're such a cute mommy! i miss you so much! I LOVE the cut off finger...that's funny!