Sunday, May 2, 2010

Spring House Farm


This past week we went with some friends from church and toured the Spring House Farm, a working dairy farm. I didn't take any pictures at the actual farm b/c I had Ella in a sling and Tolan wanted to hold my hand the whole time, while I also carried a couple of umbrellas incase it started to rain. Luckily we never got more than a little sprinkle of rain.

Ella slept the whole time in the sling, but I think the boys enjoyed the tour. Tolan was pretty clingy around the big cows and held my hand tightly the whole tour, so I was very surprised when we got to the calves and he was very interested. He even wanted to (and did) feed them! Unfortunately I was not quick enough with the camera, but he fed one with a bottle.

After touring the farm they have you go over to their store and show you how they pasteurize and bottle the milk, then you get an ice cream cone. They also had this little play area where I was able to get a couple of pictures.

They never pass up a chance to sit on a tractor!

0 comments: