Sunday, October 4, 2009

80's Party

My friend Erin, who I've been friends with since 7th grade, is turning 29 this month and she wanted to kick off the last year of her 20's with a big party - and she chose an 80's Prom theme. We left the kids with Justin's parents for the night and headed up to Kittanning in our 80's gear.

Justin thought the crimped side-pony put it all over the top. He just couldn't get over how ugly my hair was.

This is what Justin was going to wear, until we went to his parents' and he found this:

Love the white shoes! We were brave and went out to dinner on the way to the party. I definitely caught a few people looking us up and down and no doubt, wondering what the heck we were wearing.

And here we are getting our Prom picture (with my eyes closed, as usual).

That's Erin, Prom Queen, on the left, then me, Rosalie and Imogen, who also got dressed up for the party.
Plenty of 80's karaoke

And the Thriller dance
And Justin tried out a couple pieces from Erin's dad's outfit. Nice!
Erin has lots of good sports for friends (and family) b/c everyone at the party except maybe 1 or 2 people were dressed in 80's attire and I think everyone had a great time! Thanks Erin and Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I'm lovin that jacket and the crimped side ponytail hair! Ha ha! Also I did love the tapered jeans and miami vice jacket on Justin! You were brave to go out to eat! I don't know if I could have. Looks like you had fun!

Jenn Cranney said...

haha ha! Claire you guys are so funny! that's sounding like a pretty sweet partay! I love your hair, justin just doesn't know beautiful locks like you do. :)