Thursday, September 17, 2009

My Latest Project

When my mom's washer died this summer, I spent a day at the laundromat and one of Justin's shirts must have gotten tangled in the high-temp dryer somehow b/c a little bit on the shoulder looked like it melted and got a hole in it.
Either way, it was ruined.
But it was a nice Nike Dri-fit shirt that was otherwise in good condition and I hated to just throw it away. So I used it to make these:
No I did not think of it myself. A while ago my friend Emily posted on her blog some pants she made for her son out of a t-shirt. So I searched around and found the directions online and made my own.

I even worked in the Nike swoosh and the University of Phoenix logo from other places on the shirt.

I think they turned out great! I was proud of myself and Logan was a great model!

Click here for the link where you can find the instructions. They are really easy. The hardest part was using my mom's sewing machine that is much fancier than mine.

4 comments:

Erin said...

You are soooooo talented, Clairebear!

Erin said...

Pretty cool! Right now I feel even too lazy to do something like that, sad huh? I am sleep deprived.

Mandy said...

Awesome! He is such a cutie!!!

I think I've been sewing about 2x/year lately. The mending piles up pretty high...

Kari Hancock said...

SWEET!!! Make me some! Make me some! thats awesome, really. I am VERY impressed with the logos on each leg. Love it! Remember when we used your seweing machine and I made headbands and some short sweats?! Ahh.. those were the days.